- proper grip and grip pressure
- precise alignment of club and body
- correct ball position for the club and the desired flight
- continuous motion to encourage a smooth start to the backswing
- a mental image of the shot currently being played
(click to enlarge)
The Golf swing is a chain reaction of events. For more consistently good play, try to keep in mind a systematic method for setting up to each shot that includes all of these factors.
Bobby Hinds is a Teaching Professional at Woodley Lakes Golf Course with over 10 years of teaching experience. In each issue of the Wedge, he will ,share with us some helpful thoughts and tips to help lower your index and make the game more enjoyable. He is available for lessons through the Pro Shop. For more information, go to BobbyHinds.com.